It is no secret that medical schools are extremely costly. There are stories published every year about how some medical school graduates are in debt by a couple hundred thousand. According to a study conducted by US News, an average medical student has about 150,000 in debt after graduating medical school.
Due to the high costs of medical schools, many students look for grants, scholarships, anything to lessen their financial load. That brings up another natural question, which medical schools are the cheapest? We have the answer for you. The following list contains the ten cheapest private medical schools. Consider yourself lucky if you gain admissions to any of these ten schools. Tuition and fees are based on the year 2011-2012.
1. Baylor College of Medicine – 29,503
2. Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine – 30,523
3. Mayo Medical School – 34,250
4. Ponce School of Medicine – 36,311
5. University of Pikeville- 36,350
6. Lincoln Memorial University – 37,419
7. Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine – 37,910
8. University of Miami – 40,492
9. Morehouse School of Medicine – 40,792
10. Wake Forest University – 41,385
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of ProspectiveDoctor.