Dr. Shae Datta is a neurologist and Director of Concussion and Neurocognition in New York. She also serves as the Chief Executive Officer at Residency Success. Dr. Datta has researched numerous subjects in the area of brain trauma, including the gut/brain link and study success through brain health.
Residency Success is a platform to help students with the application and interview processes to ensure success and build habits that will stay with you throughout your career.
Today’s episode will cover how to improve your brain health and preparatory habits to improve memory.
- 3:10 What is Residency Success and How Did it Come to Be?
- 4:10 Overview of Topics to be Covered
- 5:35 The Anatomy of the Brain in Relation to Memory
- 6:00 The Mind and Body Connection
- 6:35 The Detriments of Multi-tasking
- 7:47 Meditation to Improve Memory and Attention
- 11:40 Healthy Food Habits and Optimum Nutrition
- 14:40 Eating the Rainbow
- 16:45 Caffeine Consumption: The Benefits and Knowing When to Stop
- 19:45 Exercise and Neuroplasticity
- 23:10 The Role of Light Exposure in Chemical Balancing
- 24:15 Memory Consolidation and Sleep
- 25:00 Sleep Hygiene
- 26:30 Creating Memories: The Three Stages of Memory Formation
- 27:40 The Use of Memory Evoking Scent for Consolidation
- 30:35 Eliminating ‘Junk Light’
- 32:36 How Residency Success Can Benefit You
- 32:30 Scheduling Tips
Residency Success can be found here: Residency Success
You can also contact Dr. Datta by email here: [email protected] or by calling: (917) 524-8067
Don’t forget to sign up for our online education summit at: FreeMedEd.org/omes Tickets are free!