Dr. Nayana Somaratna is CEO and Co-Founder of Medical Joyworks and creator of the Prognosis app series and the Clinical Sense app. As well as holding a medical degree, Dr. Somaratna also holds an IT degree and just this year completed a law degree. Today’s episode sees him discuss his background and inspiration for his company as well as how to apply the learning from his app series.
- 02:17 The Creation of Medical Joyworks
- 04:15 The Experience of Medical School in Sri Lanka
- 06:15 How and Why Prognosis was Conceived
- 09:15 Obtaining Clinical Insight via Prognosis
- 11:11 Basing Algorithms and Processes on Clinical Workflow
- 13:01 The Differences Between Prognosis and Clinical Sense
- 14:22 Which App to Use for Exam Preparation and Why
- 15:32 Who is the Audience: Students Practitioners
- 16:37 Available Research into Gamification for Medical Study
- 19:00 Expanding Online Curriculums and Telemedicine Post Covid-19
- 21:34 The Future of Joyworks
- 23:50 What Would You Change if You Could Go Back in Time?
- 26:54 Medicine is an Odyssey
Join the Medical Mnemonist Master Mind Facebook group and find our Blog posts, Podcasts, and other Resources at FreeMedEd.org! Feel free to Email any Questions or Comments.