Here are Tulane University School of Medicine’s secondary questions.
1. Tulane University School of Medicine’s mission statement states: We improve human health and foster healthy communities through discovery and translation of the best science into clinical practice and education; to deliver the highest quality patient care and prepare the next generation of distinguished clinical and scientific leaders. Briefly describe the reasons for your interest in Tulane University School of Medicine. (150 words)
2. What disparities in health do you believe are pertinent to the New Orleans patient population? How would you attempt to address them as a medical student at Tulane? You may support your answer by using past involvement working in a similar patient population to compare and/or describe your interest in any student activities offered at Tulane or in New Orleans. (150 words)
3. Who knows you best and how would they describe you? (150 words)
4. What have you been pursuing since you graduated? (No word max)
5. Please list any leadership positions (clubs, organizations, paid work) you may have held. (100 words)
6. Please list your hobbies and major non-academic interest. (150 words)
7. (OPTIONAL) Tulane University School of Medicine values the diversity of its patients, faculty, staff, and students. Do you identify with a particular group that you believe is underrepresented among medical professionals? These include groups oriented around, but not limited to: ethnicity, race, sexuality, religion, disability, and economic background. (60 words)
8. In what ways did the COVID-19 pandemic alter/interrupt your medical school application? (No word max)
Get secondary application advising from MedSchoolCoach.