This MCAT podcast covers social norms and deviance. I discuss the types of formal and informal norms, different theories for why deviance occurs, as well as types of collective deviance.
- [02:09] Defining Social Norms & Deviance
- [04:32] Formal Versus Informal Norms
- [04:49] Informal Norms: Folkways, Mores & Taboos
- [09:50] How Informal Norms Intersect with the Law
- [12:39] Anomie
- [14:51] Theories & Perspectives on Deviance
- [27:24] Collective Behavior & Collective Deviance
Please email me if you have any comments or concerns: [email protected]
To learn more about how MedSchoolCoach can help you along your medical school journey, visit us at Prospective Doctor.
Thanks for listening!