Dr.Erkeda DeRouen talks to Dr. Puja Aggarwal, a board-certified neurologist and epileptologist. In this episode, Dr. Aggarwal shares her journey to doing a combined program in medical school and how life coaching can help medical students.
- [00:26] Dr. Aggarwal’s Journey to Medicine
- [03:46] Tips for Doing a Combined Program
- [06:13] What Inspired Dr. Aggarwal to Enter Neurology and Epilepsy Medicine
- [08:22] Reshaping Your Career
- [10:12] How Life Coaching Can Help Medical Students
- [11:59] Transition Back to In-Person Care During the Pandemic
- [13:05] How Dr. Aggarwal Practices Work-Life Balance
- [15:55] Dr. Aggarwal’s Advice for Listeners
In Doing a Combined Program
For students who are thinking of joining a combined program, Dr. Aggarwal advises students to know what they want to do, shadow positions if they can for the exposure, look into what the programs require, and seek advice from as many physicians as they can.
How Life Coaching Can Help Medical Students
A lot of people in medicine tend to look at the negatives and Dr. Aggarwal advises medical students to have a positive mindset and to look at their life in a more positive light: to think more along the lines of “I’m doing this really well and I want to reach these goals” versus the mindset of “I’m not reaching my goals” which life coaches can really help with.
You can reach Dr. Aggarwal through her website and e-mail.
Got questions, feedback, or suggestions? Send a message to Dr. Erkeda DeRouen’s Instagram or MedSchoolCoach’s Instagram.