Chase and Sam discuss various study tips, habits, and evidence-based methods to help students succeed on the MCAT and in medical school.
- [01:03] How To Memorize A Million Things
- [02:26] The Spacing Effect and Rehearsal Effect
- [06:02] Overcoming the “Forgetting Curve”
- [08:03] Elaborative Interrogation
- [10:06] Anki: Using Pre-Existing Study Materials verses Creating Your Own
- [13:08] Memory Palace and Visual Mnemonics
- [18:29] Memorizing Mistakes and Avoiding Passive Memory Techniques
- [20:30] The effects of sleep, exercise and diet on learning
- [23:35] Evidence Based Study Techniques in Education
Chase DiMarco is an MD-PhD candidate he hosts several podcasts and has written a book called, Read This Before Medical School.
- The Medical Mnemonist Podcast
- The 1-Minute Preceptor Podcast
- Read This Before Medical School
- Sign up for a Free Coaching session with Chase DiMarco
- Join the Med Mnemonist Mastermind FB Group
Please email me if you have any comments or concerns: [email protected]
To learn more about how MedSchoolCoach can help you along your medical school journey, visit us at Prospective Doctor.
Thanks for listening!