This MCAT podcast covers population genetics. I discuss genotypes and phenotypes, inheritance patterns, and the Hardy-Weinberg equation. In addition, I talk about the four ways that a population’s genetics can change over time i.e. natural selection, mutation, genetic drift and gene flow.
- [01:09] The Difference Between Population Genetics and Molecular Genetics
- [01:54] Defining Genotypes and Phenotypes
- [06:24] The Six Inheritance Patterns
- [13:27] The Hardy-Weinberg Equation
- [26:17] Natural Selection
- [32:22] Mutation
- [36:47] Genetic Drift
- [40:04] Gene Flow
Please email me if you have any comments or concerns: [email protected]
To learn more about how MedSchoolCoach can help you along your medical school journey, visit us at Prospective Doctor.
Thanks for listening!