Here are Medical University of South Carolina’s secondary questions.
No word/character count indicated.
– What additional qualifications have you acquired since your last application? (if applicable)
– Do you have any other ties to South Carolina that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider? (if applicable)
– What are your medical practice goals?
– Describe your employment status since you completed your bachelor’s degree (part-time, full-time, and dates) (only if you have graduated)
– In what region of the country do you want to practice medicine? Why?
– What areas of medicine are you interested in at this time, or what areas do you plan to pursue?
– Do you have any accomplishments or experiences that make you a unique applicant?
– Explain any impact that COVID-19 may have had on your educational, research, volunteering or employment plans.
– Working as part of a team is an important aspect of your medical education at our School of Medicine and as a practitioner in the future. Please share at least one experience where you worked as part of a team to accomplish a goal/objective. What was your role as a part of the team and what did you learn from working with others? How did you deal with conflict on the team and/or working with a team member who you disagreed with?
No essays required for this application cycle.
Each has a 2,000 character limit:
What are your medical practice goals?
If it has been more than six months since you completed your bachelor’s degree, please describe your employment status since that time (part-time, full-time, and dates).
In what region of the country do you want to practice medicine? Why?
What areas of medicine are you interested in at this time, or what areas do you plan to pursue?
Do you have any accomplishments or experiences that make you a unique applicant?
2017 – 2018
Write a brief essay that includes discussion of the following:
- why you are applying to MUSC – MUST RESPOND TO THIS
- previous research experience(s)
- current research interests
- why you want to pursue the dual degrees
- your long range goals
- extracurricular/community/professional activities
- membership in professional organizations
2016 – 2017
There were no essay prompts in the secondary application for the 2016-2017 cycle.
2013 – 2014
There were no essay prompts in the secondary application for the 2013-2014 cycle.
Get secondary application advising from MedSchoolCoach.