Erkeda DeRouen chats with Dr. Alexandra Stockwell, a family medicine doctor and relationships & intimacy life coach. She shares her life’s journey throughout medical school, meeting her husband, having kids, and what led her to becoming a life coach.
- [00:22] Introducing Dr. Alexandra Stockwell and Her Story
- [06:15] Being a Wife, Mother, Businessperson, and Physician
- [11:33] The Journey of Life
- [17:41] Being in a Relationship
- [19:46] How Dr. Alexandra Started Working with Relationships and Intimacy
- [23:32] The Difference Between Family Medicine and Being a Relationship & Intimacy Coach
- [26:32] What Alexandra is Passionate About
- [27:42] Best Piece of Advice
How Dr. Alexandra Started Working with Relationships and Intimacy
Dr. Alexandra got into being a coach because of her relationship with her husband as the years progressed. They didn’t have weekend getaways because of their careers and how early they had children together. She got into this new field mostly for herself and because she found in life coaching what she wanted to do in medicine as well.
The difference between being a family doctor and being a relationships and intimacy coach is that is the responsibility of doctors to take care of all patients regardless of their circumstances meanwhile as a coach, she motivates clients and there is no entitlement among them compared to patients.
You can reach out to Dr. Alexandra through her website.