Here are Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans’s secondary questions.
Note: LSU uses forms for most of its secondary as opposed to essays. The following are the 2 optional prompts:
11. (Optional) Disadvantaged scholarship information letter specifying disadvantage & copy of parent’s federal income tax return)
12. (Optional) Supplemental essay – 500 to 600 words of your values.
- If you wish, you may attach an essay of reasonable length (500-600 words) using the prompt “your values”. THIS IS AN OPTIONAL ESSAY.
Secondary prompts for those interested in the Primary Cares Program and the Rural Scholars Track
- Please provide specific information about your immediate and extended family that live in rural or underserved communities in Louisiana. (i.e., relationship, community, occupation, etc.)
- List all extracurricular activities during college, e.g., volunteer work, clubs, etc. Please indicate the duration and nature of your participation.
- Describe your involvement in your home community prior to and since attending college, e.g., community groups, activities, or volunteer efforts, etc. (Please indicate your length of time of involvement)
- What other career possibilities have you considered?
- Describe your personal experiences and knowledge of rural and/or community life.
- Based on your own personal experience, observations and insights, describe the roles and responsibilities of a rural or primary care physician.
- Why do you feel you are a suitable candidate for the Rural Scholar Track (RST), and/or the Patrick F. Taylor Primary Care Scholar Program (PFT)?
- What medical specialty possibilities have you considered?
- List your hobbies and interests.
Get secondary application advising from MedSchoolCoach.