This MCAT Basics podcast covers three common hormone axes. I break down the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis, and the renin angiotensin-aldosterone System (RAAS) axis. I explain the anatomy of the regions, organs, and hormones involved, and detail the physiology within each axis.
- [01:27] Defining a Hormone Axis
- [02:18] The HPA Axis
- [02:33] The Anatomy of the Hypothalamus
- [03:46] The Anatomy of the Pituitary Gland
- [05:16] The Anatomy of the Adrenal Glands
- [06:50] The Physiology of the HPA Axis
- [16:06] The HPG Axis
- [16:38] The Anatomy of the Gonads
- [19:21] The Physiology of the HPG Axis
- [26:27] The Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System
Please email me if you have any comments or concerns: [email protected]
To learn more about how MedSchoolCoach can help you along your medical school journey, visit us at Prospective Doctor.
Thanks for listening!