Dr. Shannon Sovndal, an emergency medicine specialist, discusses his medical journey, career experiences and advice for pre-med and medical students.
- [0:36] Dr. Sovndal’s Background and Accomplishments
- [01:18] Recurring Patients in an ER
- [02:25] The Influence of Personality on Choosing Emergency Medicine
- [04:18] Dr. Sovndal’s Journey into Medicine
- [11:21] Economics & Emergency Medicine
- [14:34] Burnout & Work-Life Balance
- [19:23] A Week in the Life of Dr Sovndal
Are you a younger physician, pre-med student or medical student looking for more advice on navigating your career, emotionally, mentally and financially? Do take a look at the resources below:
- Fragile: Beauty in Chaos, Grace in Tragedy and the Hope That Lives in Between by Dr. Shannon Sovndal
- Match on a Fire: Medicine and More Podcast with Dr Shannon Sovndal
- Dr Shannon Sovndal’s Website
- EMCrit Podcast
Please email me if you have any comments or concerns: [email protected]
To learn more about how MedSchoolCoach can help you along your medical school journey, visit us at Prospective Doctor.
Thanks for listening!