This MCAT podcast covers aging. I first focus on aging at the cellular level (telomeres and senescence) and then talk about aging and the brain. Then I tackle aging from a sociological perspective.
- [01:25] Aging at the Cellular Level
- [05:26] The Hayflick Limit
- [07:34] Telomere Shortening
- [09:53] Cell Senescence
- [11:09] Aging in the Brain
- [18:03] The Life Course Perspective
- [24:00] Social Significance of Aging
- [26:11] Demographic Structure of Society
Please email me if you have any comments or concerns: [email protected]
To learn more about how MedSchoolCoach can help you along your medical school journey, visit us at Prospective Doctor.
Thanks for listening!