Dr. Erkeda DeRouen talks to Dr. Sheetal Ajmani who is a pediatrician, entrepreneur, yoga teacher and ayurveda consultant. As the founder of the Radiant Living Institute, Dr. Ajmani shares her framework for how to practice radiant living as a student.
- [02:00] Why Pediatrics?
- [05:51] Self-care for Students
- [07:41] Radiant Living Method
- [14:09] Radiant Living Institute
- [16:19] The Best Way to Learn about Business
- [19:40] What Dr. Ajmani Would Change in Healthcare
Six Pillars of Radiant Living
Students will benefit greatly by incorporating wellness into their daily lives early on.
To live radiantly as a student, you can use Dr. Ajmani’s six pillar framework as a guide:
- Take inventory. Assess where you are in life and where you want to be in the next few years. This can help you get clear on what actions you need to take for your desired future.
- Create empowering daily routines. What little actions can you do daily to help strengthen your mindset and energy? Stick to a routine that helps set you up for success.
- Mindful movement. Connect with your body and your emotions. Pay attention to its signals.
- Mindful eating. Be mindful of what you eat and try to take your meals calmly.
- Setting boundaries. Prioritize what’s important and learn to say no.
- Pause and take a moment to recognize your accomplishments every now and then. Practice positive self-talk.
Learn about Business without an MBA
You can learn to become an entrepreneur without having to get an MBA. Start a business to gain real-life experience. Hire a business coach or mentor. They can bring you clarity and insight on entrepreneurship. Find a community in real life or online. Business can be difficult and lonely, but having a support group can be encouraging. You can join specific groups like physicians in entrepreneurship or other groups that are applicable to you.
Reach out to Dr. Sheetal Ajmani through LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram. Join her newsletter and get a free copy of the Radiant Life workbook by signing up on her website.. Got questions, feedback, or suggestions? Send a message to Dr. Erkeda DeRouen’s Instagram or MedSchoolCoach’s Instagram.