2016 – 2017
1. Please submit an additional statement (< 500 words), addressing the following areas:
How do you think you can or will contribute to the mission and vision of the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine in developing solutions?
Your strongest or most important connections to the state of Washington and the people who live here
Your motivation to train as a physician and serve the communities of Washington
Your goals as a physician, including your interests in practicing medicine in rural or underserved communities
Other relevant considerations
2. Describe a time or situation where you have been unsuccessful or failed. What did you learn from this experience and how have you applied this learning to your work and/or life? 300 words
3. Describe a meaningful relationship with a teacher, mentor, employer, coach, or others and aspects of the relationship that that were most important to you. 300 words
4. What would you like to contribute and be remembered for in medicine? 300 words
5. Matriculating students will be assigned to a Learning Community at one of four WSU campus locations. The Learning Community will be the location at which you will complete your clinical rotation experiences. Please rank your choices, (beginning with #1 for your first choice), of Learning Community assignment locations below. ESFCOM will make every effort to accommodate students’ priority choice but will make final assignments based on the availability of space at each campus.
Spokane, Everett, Tri-Cities, Vancouver
Please explain any extenuating circumstances you would like considered in the assignment of your Learning Community site location: 150 Words